Monday, November 14, 2005

Dead Money

I thought I was going to take a day off from poker but tonight when I got home I really felt like I was in the correct frame of mind so I went ahead and got in a $1+.20 game at PokerStars. I was right, for a while anyway. I was extremely patient, tried to get to the flop as cheap and as often as I could. The cards didn't come right away and I was down to about 700 chips in level 2 or 3. Not quite short-stacked but my time was running out. I got into acouple flops cheap and caught some cards and by level 7 I was in first at about 9000 chips. In hind sight, I think its really the worst place for me to be in. I lose patience and become over aggressive. I ended up chasing a flush draw against the set of queens I put the guy on, like I said, impatient and aggressive... and out of the money. I could have rode those chips to the money easily, I lost sight of the goal and got into a pissing contest and got nothing but a lesson that I'll forget the next time I play. Eh...

No comments: